Vacancy for Wistow Parish Councillor
Do you like living in Wistow? Want to help your village?
The Parish Council is seeking to recruit Councilor’s following the Elections.
The council is responsible for village life by looking after its assets such as the playing field ,children’s playground, the village green and undertakes general maintenance of the village. The council is also involved in planning applications as part of the consultation process, is canvassed for its opinions on major local government plans and objectives and is responsible for overseeing spending for the benefit of the village.
The council has seven members and meets monthly.
The council would like to hear from you if you’d like to be part of a dedicated team.
For further information please contact the parish clerk, Margaret Horton.
e mail: email@example.com or telephone 01757 242743
To stand for election on a parish council, you must:
- be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland; or
- be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union; and
- be at least 18 years old.
- To be eligible to stand for an election for a particular parish, you must:
- be an elector of the parish; or
- in the past 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish; or
- work in the parish (as your principal or only place of work); or
- live within three miles of the parish boundary
CLOSING DATE 23rd June 2021
The PC is non political
If you do become a Parish Councillor you will have to sign up to the Code of Conduct.