The Gardening Group consists of volunteers that provide and look after flower areas within Wistow.
Who are we: Barbara Jones, Carol Hewan, Linda Baille, Lynn Donovan, Maria Taylor, Michael Hewan, Ruth Leigh, Vicki Downes
We meet as required coordinated by Lynn Donovan to do maintenance such as weeding, pruning, planting and tidying up.
What / where we tend:
- Barrels at:
- Jubilee Hall Entrance
- Jubilee Hall Car Park corner
- Prospect Place
- Selby Road, Pinfold Hill juction
- The Green, Notice Board
- The Green, Picnic Table
- The Green, Sheila’s bench
- Trough at the junction of Station Road – Cawood Road junction
- Other Areas
- The Green, Eddie’s bench / bike corner
- The Green, Post Box Corner
- The Green, Pinfold Hill Corner
- Field Lane – Lordship Lane junction
- Station Road Wistow sign
- Cawood Road Wistow Sign
- Selby Road Wistow Sign
Willing volunteers are welcome please, Lynn may be contacted using her email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s a good way for novices to learn about gardening!
See some of our work here.